The committee or other ruling body of a group that includes it's members in the decision making process. Thus a House ruled by a single person or triad of people elevated to this level would NOT be called by this name. Only a House or Order that is a direct and true democracy is given this title and the respect it implies. Even an indirect republic such as the governing of the United States would not count in the strict sense of the word. The term comes from the Enochian word for "Group that Makes it's Rules". It is comparable with the OSV word "Jhatyet" in general but not specifically.
Of the Blood*(formal, Sanguinarius, Illuminatti)
1. (Sanguinarius)A term sometimes used to refer to someone as being a vampire. Also used in stating one's lineage or House, for example, "Vicutus, of the Blood of House Sekhemu".
2. (Illuminatti) The bond that joins all vampires in the Illuminatti system. We are called by The Blood.
Ordeal (formal, OSV)
Within the OSV system, these are a system of initiations and advancements that incorporate rites of passage within a regimented system of of learning via a mentorship program. The Outer Circle of this system's Ordeals include the levels of Jahira, Bellah, Calmae and Magister. The Inner Ordeals of this system include Kharrus, Nomaj, Dominaus and Azra. The actual contents of these Ordeals are not revealed to outsiders, which leads many to wonder and speculate about what might actually be involved in them.
Order (formal, Sanguinarium)
This term is used by the Sanguinarium to describe Households in their Second Age. Other groups use this term to describe larger Houses or belief systems that have spawned smaller groups.
Order of the Dragon* (formal, Christian holy order, OSV)
1. (Christian, House Eclipse Researched) A very hotly debated term that is used by the Sanguinarium to mean something vastly the opposite of it's original meaning. Origially this was an order of Christian Knights dedicated to fighting Satanic influence and manefestation. Many nobles in Eastern Europe were a part of this group. It would have considered vampires irredeemably evil and fought against them due to the Church's teaching that vampirism is an Infernal taint upon a dead body. Thus many are horrified at it's use by the OSV in the following way.
2. (OSV and Sanguinarium) This term is used by the OSV to refer to a system of belief started by the Temple of the Vampire and adopted later by many of their members. It is used to refer to a sect of the vampire community that believe in vampiric supremacy. This is of course a dangerous path to follow, see my Vampire's Guidebook for the reasons why. The beliefs of the so-called Order of the Dragon are complex, but in general are said to include ties to the bloodline of the Holy Grail, the Merovingian Kings of France (which probably comes as a surprise to House Quinotaur), and an older "tradition of supremacy" which the OSV says some claim to predate the ancient Akkadians (spelling corrected from "V"). This Order of the Dragon is said to see vampirism as both a genetically inherited condition as well as a condition of the soul, so that various incarnations of the soul seek out a genetically "pure" body for maximum realization of vampiric potential. Followers of t
his Order are said to feed on both blood and energy. To some, this strikes uncomfortable parallells with the so-called "Racial Cleansings" in world war two and Serbia in the more modern day. I have researched this group and found nothing online other than a strange vampiric Order that believes in and quotes from the paperback Necronomicon sold in bookstores as it's supposed grimoire of revelations. If this order truly exists outside the aforementioned group, it is too deeply underground for me to find or is NOT calling itself by this name.
Otherkin*(general, Sanguinarius, House Eclipse)
1.( House Eclipse)Any member of any of the recognized types of otherkin. (2) A person who feels/believes/knows that their physical or spiritual heritage or soul essence is non mundane, or who incorporates a nonhuman archetype into their personal belief structure. (3) A shapeshifter, Elven, Fae, Alien, Elemental, Dryadic, Tiefling, Angelic, Phoenix or Draconic soul.
4. (Sanguinarius)Someone who identifies with something other than their human side, such as a particular animal, mythological or fantastical being. He or she takes on the astral form of the animal or being when they are in the astral plane. Often, otherkin have physical attributes, mannerisms or thought-patterns identified with their particular being, such as fae having an elfin appearance, or wolfkin having a pack mentality. Types of otherkin include therians (were-beings), fae or faeries, dragons, elves, angelics, and so forth. Some consider vampires to be otherkin, while others do not.
Othil (Formal, House Eclipse)
The bonded mate or mates of a vampire in the Eclipsan system. This is usually a strong, deep and dynamic relationship invloving a blood or psychic bond between mates. There is no requirement that this be a couple and can be a triad or even larger bonded group instead. Bondmates help eachother deal with all the stresses, pain and difficulty vampires experience and care for one another deeply. Usually Othil are lovers or even spouses. The word is from the Enochain term meaning "Seat or Throne" to imply the support granted by such individuals to eachother. An example from mythology is the Goddess Isis, Consort of Osiris. She was known as his full partner, supporting him and even ruling in his absence. A somewhat similar term in the OSV system is "Abani", as bondmates consider eachother family.